Trends come and go, but lighting remains a classic component of landscaping. However, with an infinite number of choices, it can be difficult to know what’s the right pick for you. 2020 may be coming to an end, but there’s still time to liven up your yard with some of the trendiest landscape lighting options on the market. Including smartphone-controlled outdoor lighting and string lights, let’s take a look at two of the leading trends of 2020.
Smartphone Controlled Outdoor Lighting
With the onset of the digital era, we can control even the smallest commands from our phones. There’s no reason to manually configure and modify your light settings when you can easily dim your lights from work using your smartphone. Automated technology allows you to easily manage your lights remotely.
Though these lights may cost more, smartphone lighting includes quite a few fun options:
- Brighten or dim your lights automatically.
- Switch colors.
- Operate phone-controlled outdoor lights through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- A cloud-based control system is a modern way to program your outdoor lighting from any location. The location will no more be a barrier.
- You can also set a weekly lighting schedule.
- Set timers can be efficiently changed in certain areas or zones of your property.
Low Voltage Led Lighting
Forget traditional light purchases when you have low voltage LED lights that are the new norm. Time, money, and energy are just some of the general reasons to choose LED bulbs over traditional halogen bulbs. Here are a few more:
- They can last for more than 50,000 hours.
- They work in extreme temperatures.
- They are environmentally safe.
- They can be turned down and brightened.
- They can save you 60%+ on energy spending.
Low voltage lighting installation is commonly preferred for outdoor settings such as stairs, pathways, decks, status, swimming pools, or ponds. These lights have a low voltage of 12V which is ideal for residential outdoor settings. LED lights are popular for three major reasons:
- LED lights are more accurate and can focus light precisely where you want it to fall.
- You can add curb appeal to your home by adjusting your correlated color temperature (CCT). Whether you are hosting a party for your friends or working outside during the evening, LED lights will let you adjust not only light settings but also the design patterns.
- Unlike incandescent lights LEDs are small and competent, giving you endless design possibilities. LEDs can be integrated into everything from outdoor deck lighting to walkway illumination, floodlights, light strips under railings, step lights, and more.
Outdoor String Lights
When it comes to illuminating your deck or patio, string lights are the best option to add warmth, glow, and comfort. They continue to be a popular trend in landscape lighting because they are easy to install and can be quickly added to existing features. These lights are also an affordable option, making them a quick way to upgrade your landscape lighting without spending too much. Strings lights are a great way to accentuate your landscape design.
If you have a flat patio, outdoor lighting options, especially outdoor string lights, are a great way to add dimension and create the illusion of walls or borders. Whether you hang the lights on poles, posts, or an arcade, string lights can make a huge impact on any outdoor patio. String lights are becoming more common and durable and can illuminate your patio all year long. The string lights obsession is not going away any time soon!
Smartphone controlled outdoor lighting, low voltage LED lighting and outdoor string lights are great additions that can accentuate your home during the night. With lighting remaining a vital component of landscaping, these modern trends can make lighting easier to control than ever before and provide cheaper options to more traditional lighting options.